Thursday, January 04, 2007

The Paint Horse

After the local art show, I was commissioned by a friend to paint a paint horse in wax. His wife really likes paint horses, and horses in general, so I eagerly took on the task.

After a few days and a background change to suit their house, the piece was finished and I'm happy to say that they were pleased with the finished product. I'm also really pleased. It couldn't have gone better.



Here's a detail of the paint horse image and I think it shows off the different possibilities that are out there.





I feel the more I do this, the better I get at it. I guess that's like anything.
I've found that depending on how new the candle is, what angle it's held at, and how long it has been burning all can contribute to the different lines or blobs you can create with.

I've recently sent away an application to the ACACA (Alberta Community Art Clubs Association) as well as to the VAAA (Visual Arts Alberta Association). With those memberships, that will allow me the opportunity to get my name and my work out there further than the local community. That's pretty exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home