Tuesday, December 12, 2006

First festival in the bag

I need a T-shirt that says, "I survived the Wainwright Arts Festival."
Although the full went went over pretty well, I was disappinted with the turnout. Turns out, Mother Nature was completely against us and we had one of the coldest weeks since last winter. Perfect.
The rest of the show went over well, with I think, the Art Show and Sale being the most popular of the six events.

We had 30 artists from all over our area taking part, and one of the biggest compliements we could have had were people talking about how much talent there actually is in a town of 5,300 people, and less than 10,000 within the entire district.

We are pretty lucky to have so many people interested in art or those that actually make art. Of course, we had to limit the show to just paintings and drawings, which caused a bit of an issue, but it was our first year and I'm glad that we made the decision that we did.

I sold Boneyard at the show, one of my first real wax paintings that I did, three months or so ago. I know it's going to a good home.



I've since sold two more since the show ended with people who saw pieces they really liked and now wanted to purchase them. That's great. Out of the 12 pieces I brought to the show, I now have sold seven of them. That's pretty good, especially since I didn't sell anything at the show last year. I did sell one after the show was over, but still, it wasn't nearly as good as this year. Then again, last year, I was doing completely different stuff.

I'm pretty pleased with myself and I hope to have more work done in the near future, at least things that may go over the Christmas holidays or the many new ones I hope to create.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home