Thursday, November 02, 2006

Painting, waxing, painting






Blond Horse 14"x18" - $295
Dragonfly 14"x18" - $295
Buffalo in Wax 16"x20" - sold
Boneyard 16"x20" - sold

I've been working my tail off trying to get material together for the Wainwright Arts Festival, of which I'm the chair. I'm looking forward to seeing if the local market is interested in my work or not. I hope so, but I'm not too sure

I've been working on this new technique where I've been drawing with candle wax and then painting on top. I'm not sure who else, if anyone, is doing this type of thing, but I'm having fun with it and I think I'm creating an interesting technique. I've searched the web for anyone else who's doing paintings that are similar, but I've come up empty. Lots of people are doing an ancient Eygptian technique using beeswax and pigment, but I'm drawing with molten candle wax and I think as I go I'm developing the technique into something that maybe, dare I say it, original...
Hope you like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home