Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Total Write Off - Friday the 13th

It looks as though I have a date for the taping of the episode of A Total Write Off that I will be appearing in.
Friday the 13th of October. Spooky. Luckily, I'm not a superstitious person, so it doesn't really bother me in the least. It should be a crazy day, but I'm really looking foward to being on the show with Barbara North. She's a great comedian, and a genuinely nice person. I met her at the taping of her CBC special "Army Brats" here in Wainwright and then I ran into at the Canadian Country Music Awards after party. Sounds pretty swish. She's pretty funny, I think that this show will really showcase her talents. The fact that this gives me an opportunity to promote myself as a writer as well as The Ghost Dance, my fiction manuscript. (See post called The Ghost Dance.)
More after the jump.
I've sent off my complete manuscript, requested by an American publisher and I've got my fingers and toes crossed.
While I've been waiting on responses, I've written the basic plot outline of a new serial killer/thriller storyline. It's one of those stories that gets you excited as soon as you start to write it. I'm still in the honeymoon stage with it, so everything is fresh and interesting. I think once I hit 100 pages or so, then I'll probably get bogged down a bit, I'll just have to power through it. I have probably 18 scenes scribbled out on loose leaf paper, just to get the ideas down so I don't forget them down the road.
I've built fairly elaborate character sketches of three or four of the characters, which gives me a better feel for who they are, and allowing them to just react to situations they are in, instead of trying to force the characters into the scene blind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home