Thursday, September 14, 2006

Painting with wax

Just over the past few weeks, I've been trying a new technique that uses candle waxed dripped onto a canvas, before it's painted on. I've used a glue and gesso to bind the wax better to the canvas before I paint acrylic paint over top. The effect was unplanned, but so far, the last nine paintings have turned pretty freakin' good. Okay, probably six are pretty freakin' good, the rest are alright.
I've also been pounding away at a new story idea that may evolve into another novel, but I'm not sure where it's going yet, it's just in the infancy stage. I would like to bring my sarcastic shit newspaper reporter character, Sirus Carter, from The Ghost Dance and have him continue on in another story, but I'm still mulling it over.
Another Wainwright Arts Festival meeting tonight, and we're making good progress. The arts festival will run from November 27 to December 2 at the Wainwright Communiplex, with the literary night held at the public library. Everyone seems on board and I'm hoping to sell some paintings as well as do a reading from The Ghost Dance at the open mic.
Next meeting will be Sept 28, at 7 p.m. at the library.

4 Comments:

At 12:42 PM , Blogger Rod Oracheski said...

I hear Sirus is such a popular character because he's based on a great guy!

 
At 11:31 PM , Blogger Kelly Clemmer said...

Okay, so he's me, without a filter. It's all the funny, and sometimes nasty things that pop easily into my head, but have to be filtered through the "I'm not an ass" filter. I'm not sure if you have one, do you, Rod?

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Rod Oracheski said...

I hope bad things happen to him in the sequel.

 
At 9:59 PM , Blogger Kelly Clemmer said...

I'm pretty sure the will. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home