Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Donation debacle


It's been a couple of weeks since I updated my blog, but I've been up to my ears in stuff. All kinds of stuff. Some not so interesting, either.
I have been working on a couple of commissions and trying to get some work done, including two paintings for a recent charity golf tournament. After paying for registration and numerous other things out on the course, etc. I just don't think a painting was the right thing for their silent auction table. I guess I've learned not to spend that much effort for a painting that won't fetch very much. I really liked it, and I know I could have sold it for a decent price. So, the painting went for way under value and although I'm happy with who bought it, I'm left with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth from the whole thing.
I think this will be the last painting donation I'm going to make for some time.

3 Comments:

At 2:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Kelly,

I really like your wax paintings. Especially the Killer Whale and the Lions. Too bad about the silent auction, but don't be too discouraged. I would love to buy one of your paintings.

Christine

 
At 6:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:47 AM , Blogger Jasmine said...

sorry, the deletion was me being dumb...

That sucks about feeling undervalued : (

I don't think I told you that I went for an interview at the Pforzheim Goldschmiedeschule a few weeks back (in midst of our rush of company)?

It's a very nasty commute, but if all works out I'll be a "guest student" in the fall...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home